Monday, June 26, 2017

June 26 - Day 10

From Balsomico-Sensei:  I apologize for the lack of post yesterday. Students were with their host families all day and I was meeting with my in laws and a group of college students interested in trying to set up international exchange. Students will individually write about their last day of home stays. Today we traveled around Kyoto for a long time, and Eddie Sheets, class of 2019, wrote about our adventures in the city. However, it has become very late, so I cannot completely write it until tomorrow. For now, it's enough to say we are having an amazing time. This morning was very sad though as students had to say goodbye to their host families. It's interesting how people with no shared culture and language can become so close after just a week. Students and families were in tears at having to say goodbye. But, I believe it was truly a rewarding experience for our students, and I believe they will take what they have learned back to the U.S. with them.

Host families

The fish section of a supermarket 

No comments:

Post a Comment